Yukon Arctic Ultra

I have been following the Yukon Arctic Ultra for a few years now, and it looks like this has been a pretty tough year for them:

 http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-arctic-ultra-halted-cold-frostbite-1.4517835

 It is a reminder that we need to be very careful in these situations. My number one goal in every winter race I have done has been to compete safely and without frostbite or serious injury. After having read this article I think, I'll adjust that slightly. Number one should really be to not put other people at risk. Number two is to compete safely. Number three is to finish within the allotted time. Number four is whatever time goal I have trained for. Number five is to finish within my stretch time goal. Other important objectives are to be helpful and encouraging to my fellow racers and to be polite and upbeat with the folks at the checkpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment